Pages

Monday 16 November 2015

Cold War - Soviet Armour

Now, it seems to me that I do a lot of WIP posts, but I rarely show the finished product. (This could be a result of the average wargamers 'ohhh shiny' attention span..) I did show some pictures of the S-Model BMD and the Modelcollect T64 under construction, but here they are 'finished'. I still have a Mi 24 Hind E to build, and the Spetsnatz to paint..   but at least there is some progress:




So here are the pride of the Soviet forces, model 1975 T64, and two BMD. I looked in vain for easily available Soviet tank crew, and drew a blank. So these guys are the AB WWII vintage. The padded helmets are very similar, and a black coverall is a black coverall... 


5 comments:

  1. They look great, and the crew figs look right at home. Forgive me if I'm just missing it, but what scale?

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack, thanks for the comments, and these are 1/72. I elected for this scale because of the cheap and ready availability of die-casts, kits and plastic figures for very much less than the equivalent metal cost in 15mm, or the lack of available and expensive stuff in 28mm. My main interest has always been ancients, so this is just another foray to build a small force for small scale gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, very interesting, I'm doing the same with a modern sideshow in 20mm, and I current have zero vehicles. I keep thinking I should have a jeep, or a Land Rover, and maybe a BTR.

    Cheap you say? That's the magic word right now! ;)

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep an eye out for these on eBay... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234908982-converted-172-cararama-land-rover-109s/

    ReplyDelete