Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2013

BKCII - NW Europe - Painting time


You know how the casual conversation goes.. down the club, Dave mentions North West Europe, as there are a range of scenarios available on the Fire and Fury website..   one thing leads to another, and I recklessly say that I could probably get the Commonwealth forces from the shed ready for action pretty quick..  GHQ Shermans, Cromwells, Sextons, and various armoured cars and universal carriers. I am still short a whole lot of M3, but I will worry about that later.

I had always intended them as 11 Armoured Division, but for Operation Garden, it's all Guards Armoured. I reckon do them as 11th, and then turn a blind eye to the yellow bull.

I thought I would try something slightly different for this next lot of BKC warriors to see paint. So I decided I would try and work with some thinned paint over a grey undercoat.

Rummaging through the paints pile I found a large tub of artist's Matisse Olive Green Deep. First step..   glue the Shermans down, use some of the Gale Force 9 scenic 'grit' and spray primer grey..   cheap car primer.

So here's how the progress is to date.
Undercoat (some of the Shermans are already green)

Sample Humber with the Matisse Green applied thinly.
 Early days, but I am quite pleased with the effect so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment