Pages

Saturday 13 July 2013

Wintercon 2013 - Day 1

So the final numbers for DBMM 2 at Wintercon were 10, and then one withdrew, so we had 9, so a bye...  which was disappointing.

Two games each day, and I took some pictures.

This is Lawrence Greaves Sung Chinese on the left..  loads of Bw(X) - some Hordes and a little bit of cavalry.  Vs Anton Verster's Mongols.

Game 1. Dave Turner's Tibetan 'Wall of Steel' advances, only to find my Sui aren't there..  note the far left where the Sui actually are...

 Dave's blocking force, (in the shadow of the Yak) - runs into trouble...

 And on the left where my cavalry are.. and so are not quite enough of his light horse.

Game 2 vs John Garvey -
How much water is there on this table? Waterway plus navigable river..


Notice the large part of his army on his right swinging at thin air as I try and concentrate all my army on his left.

My guys ride past his left (foreground), the artillery shoot down some stuff, and I have the right mix to stand up to his assault.


 Close combat Sui Bw and Kn vs Malay Warband etc..

 Jon Willacy vs Karl Hamlyn.. two Later Muslim Indian armies have at each other.

No idea what's going on here..  what is that pink bit?

And here- Michael Stone (Hsiung-Nu) vs Dave Quilty (Mongol)


 
Looks to me like Dave (left) is doing all the back-pedalling...




No comments:

Post a Comment