Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hogmanay and Other Things

Well, that's it, the New Year has been and gone, and 2013 is beckoning. We survived the Mayan Apocalypse and now, in common with just about every other wargames blogger, I am contemplating wargames plans for the next 12 months. The fabulous Man Cave is now starting to get organised, and moving all the stuff around has given me a pretty good idea of what I have in stock.

So what's in store for 2013? I am planning to not make any wargames purchases at all this year - with the possible exception of the 'Maurice' rules - from what I have seen, on blogs and elsewhere, plus the reviews, it provides a very nice robust and fun game. I would really like to put my 6mm WSS on the table, and while I have Polemos for these, or could use Horse Foot & Guns,  Maurice looks like it might be a winner.

[Edit] - ok, just bought them - I really have very little self-control, and the Brigade Games New Years offer got me 10% off plus flat rate $15 international shipping - [/Edit]

The other exception might be materials for my terrain building, and probably some decent storage containers for completed minis so they can sit happily on shelves, and I can dump the weird assortment of cardboard boxes.

As for painting, no hard and fast schedule as yet, but I am thinking that I should actually finalise some of the half-finished projects, as at least then, I can see real progress. I expect the next few things to get done will be:

  • Finish the Sui Chinese for DBMM (required for Cancon in 24 days time..)
  • Complete the bases on my Houstons Ships
  • Finish the WSS British
  • Get paint onto my SAGA Vikings and Scots
  • Complete the Late War 6mm Germans for BKCII
  • Make up some new terrain 
  • 15mm Sci-Fi - two forces for Tomorrows War
  • 15mm Modern, finish up the US and Insurgent forces.

After that, all bets are off. And I plan to try and do a few DBA armies as well, for amusement. I have perhaps thirty unpainted ones sitting around, so perhaps an army between each other project. They should only take a week or so for each, so I could get quite a few done in a year.

We shall see..  but I am determined that 2013 will be the year where I paint more than I buy!

Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment