Why is this here..


A Lead Odyssey is about my hobby, collecting, painting and playing with toy soldiers. It will cover the various rulesets I use, the figures I am painting (very slowly), and some games. Thanks to Harry Pearson for the Achtung Schweinehund reference. The uniform jacket in the picture was adapted from a safari suit, the weapon is a wooden sub-machine gun made by me and my dad. Cool eh?

I play a range of scales, rules and periods.. scales are anything from 6mm, through 15mm to 28mm for little men, but I also use 1/1200 for Napoleonic Naval, and 1/3000 for Pre-Dreadnought period Naval.

My tastes are eclectic, but I have avoided most 'Fantasy' Games for a few years, as I couldn't get into the usual suspects for Fantasy Battles, and didn't have a decent group to play role-playing style games.

Saturday, 24 December 2011

Independent Observation

I have a good friend.. let's call him JG for anonymity - so he comes over to have a Christmas drink.. and I have several dinky toy boats (OSA, ASR and MGB) on the painting shelf..  and he asks why they are there...
Kingdom of Ofan Navy
So when you have a fellow wargamer questioning your judgement/sanity - hmmmmmm

I told him they were going to be the Kingdom of Ofan's navy...

No comments:

Post a Comment